Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am the girl anachronism...


Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Okay, let me rattle to you about one of the bands that I am obsessed with. 99.9% percent of you guys reading this blog probably don't know what the above statement means. Well, that statement came from punk cabaret group The Dresden Dolls. and I totally agree with that.




Yes, this is them ^ and throughout the post, I'm going to put up images of them.
(Btw, the girls name is Amanda Palmer, and the guy's name is Brian Viglione)


I've discovered them when I was digging up stuff about Panic! at the Disco. When I listened to their music, I literally went WOW. Their music was such a release from all the mainstream crap that I've been listening too. Punk cabaret really is FREEDOM.



Besides from their dark, piano infused sound, one thing that really made me listen to them is the lyrics of their songs (Amanda Palmer is a f*cking GENIUS). As you probably don't know (and don't care), I'm very picky when it comes to lyrics. I only choose songs, that for me, have really deep and meaningful lyrics, and as for now I've only found 4 bands that have that (P!@TD, MCR, FOB and Dolls). The dolls lyrics range from alcohol, to child rape, to backstabbers, which, I find is a very impressive range.




Next, their videos. Sure, some of their videos have shake shots in them, but the message that they 
are conveying and the execution of it is AMAZING. My personal favorite are the videos for Backstabber. It was comedy to the nth level.



All in all, everyone should give The Dresden Dolls a chance. If they would, the world would be a better place. And who knows? The wars might even stop.





1 comment:

pauL said...

finally!... anacho... what?! honestly, i don't know that word so i have to consult Mr. m-w...

If given a chance to hear their songs... Of course I would love to hear it... (^_^)

Congrats! Link you up in my blog (^_^)